By Jay Kreps
Why a publication approximately logs? That’s effortless: the standard log is an abstraction that lies on the middle of many structures, from NoSQL databases to cryptocurrencies. even supposing so much engineers don’t imagine a lot approximately them, this brief ebook indicates you why logs are necessary of your attention.
Based on his renowned web publication posts, LinkedIn central engineer Jay Kreps indicates you the way logs paintings in dispensed platforms, after which gives you functional purposes of those strategies in numerous universal uses—data integration, firm structure, real-time flow processing, info process layout, and summary computing models.
Go forward and make the leap with logs; you’re going love them.
- Learn how logs are used for programmatic entry in databases and dispensed systems
- Discover ideas to the massive information integration challenge whilst extra information of extra kinds meet extra systems
- Understand why logs are on the center of real-time circulate processing
- Learn the function of a log within the internals of on-line information systems
- Explore how Jay Kreps applies those rules to his personal paintings on information infrastructure platforms at LinkedIn
By Maxwell Dayvson Da Silva, Hugo Lopes Tavares
Harness the facility of Redis to combine and deal with your initiatives efficiently
About This Book
- Learn how one can use Redis's info kinds successfully to regulate huge facts sets
- Scale Redis to a number of servers with Twemproxy, Redis Sentinel, and Redis Cluster
- A fast moving advisor, jam-packed with real-world examples that can assist you get the simplest out of the beneficial properties provided through Redis
Who This publication Is For
If you're a powerfuble developer with event of operating with information constitution servers and need to spice up your project's functionality by way of studying approximately good points of Redis, then this booklet is for you.
What you'll Learn
- Build analytics functions utilizing Bitmaps and Hyperloglogs
- Enhance scalability with Twemproxy, Redis Sentinel, and Redis Cluster
- Build a Time sequence implementation in Node.js and Redis
- Create your personal Redis instructions by means of extending Redis with Lua
- Get to grasp defense options to guard your info (SSL encryption, firewall principles, easy authorization)
- Persist information to disk and research the trade-offs of AOF and RDB
- Understand tips on how to use Node.js, personal home page, Python, and Ruby consumers for Redis
- Avoid universal pitfalls while designing your subsequent solution
Redis is the most well-liked in-memory key-value information shop. it's totally light-weight and its information kinds supply it an area over the opposite rivals. if you want an in-memory database or a high-performance cache method that's basic to exploit and hugely scalable, Redis is what you need.
Redis necessities is a fast moving consultant that teaches the basics on info kinds, explains the way to deal with facts via instructions, and stocks stories from titanic avid gamers within the industry.
We initiate by way of explaining the fundamentals of Redis by means of a few of the info kinds reminiscent of Strings, hashes, lists, and extra. subsequent, universal pitfalls for varied situations are defined, by means of options to make sure you don't fall into universal traps.
After this, significant changes among consumer implementations in Hypertext Preprocessor, Python, and Ruby are offered. subsequent, you'll find out how to expand Redis with Lua, get to grasp safeguard thoughts corresponding to simple authorization, firewall ideas, and SSL encryption, and detect the right way to use Twemproxy, Redis Sentinel, and Redis Cluster to scale infrastructures horizontally. on the finish of this e-book, it is possible for you to to make use of all of the crucial positive aspects of Redis to optimize your project's performance.
Style and approach
A functional consultant that gives the root upon that you can start to comprehend the features of Redis utilizing a step by step process. This ebook is stuffed with real-world difficulties and in-depth wisdom of the thoughts and contours of Redis, with lots of examples.
By Karim Yaghmour
Looking to port Android to different systems akin to embedded units? This hands-on e-book exhibits you ways Android works and the way you could adapt it to suit you. You’ll delve into Android’s structure and how you can navigate its resource code, regulate its quite a few elements, and create your individual model of Android on your specific machine. You’ll additionally become aware of how Android differs from its Linux roots.
If you’re skilled with embedded platforms improvement and feature a superb deal with on Linux, this booklet is helping you mildew Android to systems except cellular devices.
- Learn approximately Android’s improvement version and the you want to run it
- Get a short primer on Android internals, together with the Linux kernel and Dalvik digital machine
- Set up and discover the AOSP with no undefined, utilizing a practical emulator image
- Understand Android’s non-recursive construct approach, and easy methods to make your personal modifications
- Use overview forums to prototype your embedded Android system
- Examine the local user-space, together with the basis filesystem structure, the adb device, and Android’s command line
- Discover easy methods to engage with—and customize—the Android Framework
The main detailed element of this article is the transparent separation of the interface and implementation. C++ permits the programmer to write down the interface and implementation individually, to put them in separate records and collect individually, and to conceal the implementation information. This booklet is going a step extra: the interface and implementation are mentioned in separate elements of the publication. half I (Objects and C++), half II (Algorithms and construction Blocks), and half III (Applications) lay the foundation by way of discussing uncomplicated options and instruments and supplying a few useful examples, yet implementation of knowledge buildings isn't proven till half IV (Implementations). This separation of interface and implementation promotes summary pondering. category interfaces are written and used ahead of the implementation is understood, forcing the reader to contemplate the performance and strength potency of some of the facts constructions (e.g., hash tables are written good prior to the hash desk is implemented). during the booklet, Weiss has integrated the most recent positive aspects of the C++ programming language, together with a extra universal use of the traditional Template Library (STL). positive aspects *Promotes summary pondering by means of sepa
By Eric Matthes
Python Crash Course is a fast paced, thorough advent to programming with Python that would have you ever writing courses, fixing difficulties, and making issues that paintings in no time.
In the 1st half the publication, you are going to know about easy programming techniques, reminiscent of lists, dictionaries, periods, and loops, and perform writing fresh and readable code with workouts for every subject. you are going to additionally how you can make your courses interactive and the way to check your code competently ahead of including it to a venture. within the moment 1/2 the booklet, you will placed your new wisdom into perform with 3 colossal initiatives: an area Invaders-inspired arcade online game, information visualizations with Python's super-handy libraries, and a straightforward internet app you could set up online.
As you're employed via Python Crash Course, you are going to learn the way to:
- Use strong Python libraries and instruments, together with matplotlib, NumPy, and Pygal
- Make second video games that reply to keypresses and mouse clicks, and that develop tougher because the online game progresses
- Work with facts to generate interactive visualizations
- Create and customise basic internet apps and install them appropriately online
- Deal with error and error so that you can clear up your personal programming problems
If you have been pondering heavily approximately digging into programming, Python Crash Course gets you on top of things and feature you writing genuine courses speedy. Why wait to any extent further? commence your engines and code!
Download E-books Cocoa and Objective-C: Up and Running: Foundations of Mac, iPhone, and iPod touch programming PDF
By Scott Stevenson
Build good functions for Mac OS X, iPhone, and iPod contact, whether you've got simple programming talents or years of programming event. With this booklet, you will tips on how to use Apple's Cocoa framework and the Objective-C language via step by step tutorials, hands-on workouts, transparent examples, and sound recommendation from a Cocoa expert.
Cocoa and Objective-C: Up and Running bargains barely enough concept to flooring you, then exhibits you ways to take advantage of Apple's swift improvement instruments -- Xcode and Interface Builder -- to enhance Cocoa purposes, deal with person interplay, create nice UIs, and extra. you will fast achieve the event you want to boost subtle Apple software program, no matter if you are a little bit new to programming or simply new to this platform.
- Get a short hands-on travel of easy programming abilities with the c program languageperiod
- Learn tips to use Interface Builder to fast layout and prototype your application's consumer interface
- Start utilizing Objective-C by way of developing gadgets and studying reminiscence administration
- Learn concerning the Model-View-Controller (MVC) approach to sharing information among gadgets
- Understand the basis worth periods, Cocoa's strong API for storing universal information forms
- Become acquainted with Apple's pictures frameworks, and the best way to make customized perspectives with AppKit
By Stephen G. Kochan
Updated for OS X 10.9 Mavericks, iOS 7, and Xcode 5
Programming in Objective-C is a concise, conscientiously written instructional at the fundamentals of Objective-C and object-oriented programming for Apple's iOS and OS X structures.
The e-book makes no assumptions approximately past adventure with object-oriented programming languages or with the interval (which Objective-C is predicated upon). due to this, either novices and skilled programmers alike can use this e-book to quick and successfully research the basics of Objective-C. Readers may also research the strategies of object-oriented programming with no need to first examine all the intricacies of the underlying c language.
This special approach to studying, mixed with many small application examples and workouts on the finish of every bankruptcy, makes Programming in Objective-C preferrred for both school room use or self-study.
This version has been totally up to date to include new Objective-C beneficial properties and applied sciences brought with Xcode five, iOS 7, and Mac OS X Mavericks.
“The most sensible booklet on any programming language that I’ve ever learn. with a view to study Objective-C, purchase it.”—Calvin Wolcott
“An very good source for a brand new programmer who desires to research Objective-C as their first programming language—a woefully underserved market.”—Pat Hughes
Learn easy methods to use RxJava and its reactive Observables to construct quick, concurrent, and strong functions via certain examples
About This Book
- Learn approximately Java 8's lambdas and what reactive programming is all approximately, and the way those facets are used by RxJava
- Build speedy and concurrent functions comfortably, with out the complexity of Java's concurrent API and shared states
- Explore a wide selection of code examples to simply get used to all of the positive aspects and instruments supplied via RxJava
Who This publication Is For
If you're a Java developer that understands find out how to write software program and want to how you can follow your current talents to reactive programming, this ebook is for you.
What you are going to Learn
- Discover what reactive programming is and the way you could reap the benefits of it
- Get to grips with the hot useful positive factors of Java eight and a few practical theory
- Create RxJava Observable cases from almost any facts source
- Transform, filter out, and gather your information utilizing a variety of RxJava operators
- Combine a number of info resources in a single dataset, utilizing customized logic
- Write concurrent courses comfortably, scheduling activities on numerous workers
- Learn approximately unit checking out asynchronous RxJava logic
- Extend RxJava by way of writing your individual operators and manufacturing facility methods
Whether you're a Java professional or at a newbie point, you are going to take advantage of this booklet, since it will train you a new approach of coding and thinking.
The publication begins with an evidence of what reactive programming is, why it's so beautiful, and the way we will be able to combine it in to Java. It maintains through introducing the hot Java eight syntax gains, comparable to lambdas and serve as references, and a few sensible programming fundamentals. From this aspect on, the booklet specializes in RxJava extensive. It is going via developing Observables, remodeling, filtering, and mixing them, and concurrency and checking out to complete with extending the library itself.
This ebook is a distinct educational in RxJava jam-packed with loads of well-described examples. It explains reactive programming innovations in undeniable and readable language, with out medical formulation and terms.
Move into iOS improvement by means of getting an organization seize of its basics, together with the Xcode IDE, the Cocoa contact framework, and quick 2.0—the most modern model of Apple's acclaimed programming language. With this completely up to date consultant, you are going to examine Swift’s object-oriented thoughts, know the way to take advantage of Apple's improvement instruments, and notice how Cocoa presents the underlying performance iOS apps have to have.
- Explore Swift’s object-oriented options: variables and capabilities, scopes and namespaces, item forms and instances
- Become conversant in integrated rapid forms comparable to numbers, strings, levels, tuples, Optionals, arrays, dictionaries, and sets
- Learn tips on how to claim, instantiate, and customise fast item types—enums, structs, and classes
- Discover robust quick good points corresponding to protocols and generics
- Catch up on speedy 2.0 concepts: choice units, protocol extensions, mistakes dealing with, shield statements, availability exams, and more
- Tour the lifecycle of an Xcode undertaking from inception to App Store
- Create app interfaces with nibs and the nib editor, Interface Builder
- Understand Cocoa’s event-driven version and its significant layout styles and features
- Find out how speedy communicates with Cocoa’s C and Objective-C APIs
Once you grasp the basics, you will be able to take on the main points of iOS app improvement with writer Matt Neuburg's spouse consultant, Programming iOS 9.
By Dave Thomas
This ebook is a recipe-based method of utilizing the CVS model keep an eye on procedure that would get you up and working quickly--and appropriately. All initiatives desire model regulate: it is a foundational piece of any project's infrastructure. but 1/2 all undertaking groups within the U.S. do not use any model keep an eye on in any respect. Many others do not use it good, and turn out experiencing time-consuming problems.Version keep an eye on, performed good, is your "undo" button for the undertaking: not anything is ultimate, and blunders are simply rolled again. With model regulate, you will by no means back lose a good suggestion simply because an individual overwrote your dossier edits. you could continuously discover simply who made what alterations to the resource code--and why. model regulate is a project-wide time laptop. Dial in a date and spot precisely what the full venture gave the impression of the day gone by, final Tuesday, or maybe final year.This e-book describes a realistic, easy-to-follow method of utilizing CVS, the main wide-spread model regulate method on the earth (and it really is to be had for free). rather than proposing the grand conception of model keep watch over and describing each attainable choice (whether you'll ever use it or not), this e-book makes a speciality of the sensible program of CVS. It builds a collection of examples of use that parallel the lifetime of normal tasks, exhibiting you ways to undertake after which improve your pragmatic use of CVS.With this booklet, you can:
- Keep undertaking all resources (not simply resource code) secure, and not run the danger of wasting a very good idea
- Know the way to undo undesirable decisions--no subject once they have been made
- Learn the way to percentage code accurately, and paintings in parallel for optimum efficiency
- See tips on how to stay away from expensive code freezes
- Manage third social gathering code
Now there isn't any excuse to not use professional-grade model control.